3D Rad Exporter is a free plug-in for Google SketchUp allowing you to use your 3d models in 3D Rad. It could also export them as Microsoft DirectX/XNA (.x) files.
- A large model can take a long time to be exported.
- For large models with grouped geometry in particular, the plug-in can spend a lot of time analyzing the model, before exporting the faces.
- You can minimize or eliminate completely the 'analyzing model' phase by exploding the model before exporting it.
- You explode a model in Google SketchUp as follows:
- 1. press [Ctrl]+[A] to select all the elements in the scene
- 2. select Edit -> X Entities (X in model) -> Explode
- You may have to repeat 1. and 2. multiple times in order to completely explode a model.
- Some models from the 3D Warehouse may include hidden geometry which you may not need but is actually exported to the .x file. To see all hidden geometry before exporting, in Google SketchUp, select Edit -> Unhide -> All.